For any rider wanting to participate in Inside Line Events, there are three components required.
- MTBA membership (no longer available) or AusCycling “Race Off-Road” (or “Race All Discipline”) membership
- Club membership (Inside Line, GESA, AMBC etc)
- Event entry
If you don’t have these things, you cannot participate.
MTBA / AusCycling Membership
MTBA (Mountain Bike Australia) is the old governing body for mountain bike racing in Australia, AusCycling is the new body as of late 2020. If your MTBA membership is current during the dates of an event, you are able to participate and will not need to hold an AusCycling membership. If your MTBA membership is or will be expired on the dates of an event (or you do not have an MTBA membership), you will need an Auscycling “Race Off-Road” or “Race All Discipline” membership (the Off-Road membership allows you to race Mountain Bikes, BMX, Freestyle and Cyclocross events where as the Race All membership includes the off-road disciplines plus road and track events).
You will need to be able to prove your membership with either organisation at our events, which can be done with the MTBA app (in the case of an MTBA membership) or by adding your AusCycling virtual membership card to your Apple Wallet (iPhone) or GPay account (Andriod).
How do I join AusCycling & a club?
Follow these instructions! Please note, if you would like a family membership, the process is a bit different and you can apply for a family membership here.
- Go to the AusCycling Membership Page
- Select your membership type (“Race Off-Road” or “Race All Discipline”) – click Learn More
- Select your preferred membership (Age & annual / monthly payment)
- On the new page, confirm the membership details are correct and click register
- The system will prompt you to setup an account (you can enter your old MTBA number here)
- When asked to select a club, choose “Inside Line Inc” or whichever club you will be racing with the most this year
- Continue the registration process and finalise payment
Congratulations, you are now an AusCycling member who holds a Club membership too! That’s 2 out of 3 steps completed!
Prove Your Membership
We highly recommend that you add your virtual membership card to your mobile device. To do this:
- Go to the AusCycling Website
- In the top right hand corner, click the menu (3 horizontal lines in a yellow box) and select “Member Login” > “Membership | TidyHQ” (or click this link!)
- In the top right hand corner, click “Log in” and follow the prompts to enter your account details
- Once logged in, click your profile (square in the top right hand corner) and select “Contact Profile” from the drop down menu
- Select “Memberships” to view your membership status
- Use the buttons to add your membership to your Apple Wallet (iPhone) or GPay account (Andriod)
We will need you to prove your membership status when you sign in at our events – Show us your virtual card on your mobile device or log in with the process above.
Enter Our Events
Now that you have your AusCycling and Club Memberships sorted, you can enter our events! Use the links on our Calendar page to register for upcoming events.